If you’re like most people, you probably think that starting a car without a key is something that only thieves can do. But if you have a Dodge Charger, it’s actually quite easy to do. All you need is a screwdriver and a few minutes of time.
Here’s how to start your Dodge Charger without a key: 1) Open the hood and locate the starter relay. It’s usually located near the battery.
2) Use a screwdriver to remove the relay from its socket. 3) Touch the end of the screwdriver to the two terminals on the relay that are labeled “30” and “87.” 4) Hold the ends of the wires together for about five seconds, then release them.
- If your Dodge Charger has a push-button start, you can start it without the key by doing the following: 1
- Sit in the driver’s seat and make sure your foot is on the brake pedal
- Press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal
- If successful, the engine will start and run until you shut it off or remove your foot from the brake pedal
How Do You Start a Dodge Without the Key?
If you’re looking to start your Dodge without the key, there are a few things you’ll need to do. First, locate the starter relay on the engine. This is usually located near the battery.
Once you’ve found it, remove the relay and connect one end of a jumper wire to the positive terminal of the battery. Then, touch the other end of the jumper wire to the large terminal on the starter solenoid. If everything is working properly, your Dodge should start right up!
Can You Start a Charger Without a Key?
Assuming you are talking about a car charger, the answer is no. You cannot start a car charger without a key. The key is needed to turn on the ignition, which in turn powers the charging system.
If you don’t have a key, you won’t be able to charge your car’s battery.
How Do You Manually Start a Dodge Charger?
Assuming you are talking about a 2008 Dodge Charger, the process is as follows:
1. Open the hood and locate the battery.
2. Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery using a wrench.
3. Reconnect the negative terminal to the battery. 4. Locate the starter on the engine block near the front of the car on the driver’s side. 5. Have someone hold down the brake pedal while you twist and pull out the key from ignition cylinder.
6. Touching only metal surfaces, use a screwdriver to connect both terminals of solenoid (large post is battery side). Doing this should cause starter motor to engage and run as long as connection is made; remove screwdriver when done (this will also disengage starter).
How Do I Start My Dodge Charger With a Spare Key?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your car key until you need it. But what happens when you lose your only set of keys? If you have a spare key, starting your Dodge Charger is easy.
Here’s what you need to do: 1. Find your spare key. If you don’t know where it is, check your owner’s manual or contact your local Dodge dealer.
2. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position. 3. Press and hold the “Start” button for three seconds. The engine should start immediately.
4. If the engine doesn’t start, try turning the key to the “Off” position and then back to “On.” You may also need to cycle through all of the positions between “Off” and “On,” including accessory mode, before the engine will start.
Dead Key Fob No Problem
How to Hotwire a Dodge Charger
We all know that hotwiring a car is illegal. But sometimes, in a pinch, you may find yourself needing to do just that. If you find yourself in such a situation, here’s how to hotwire a Dodge Charger.
The first thing you’ll need to do is locate the ignition wire. On most cars, this wire is located near the steering column. Once you’ve found the ignition wire, strip about ½ inch of insulation off of the end of it.
Next, take your screwdriver and touch the metal tip of it to the exposed end of the ignition wire. At the same time, touch the bare end of another screwdriver to any metal surface on the car (such as a door handle or an engine part). Doing this will create a circuit and should cause the car’s engine to start.
If for some reason touching both wires together doesn’t start the engine, you can try holding them both close to each other and then touching them briefly to a metal surface on the car. This should also create a circuit and should cause the engine to start.
Dodge Chargers are equipped with an immobilizer system that prevents the engine from starting without the correct key. If you lose your key or if it is stolen, you will need to have a new key made by a dealership. You can also have your existing key programmed to work with your Dodge Charger.