If you’ve ever had to change a coil on your car, you know that it can be a tedious and time-consuming task. And if you’re like most people, you don’t want to have to do it yourself. That’s where we come in. At AAMCO Express, we offer expert coil changes for all makes and models of cars. We not only make the task easier for you, but we also guarantee that the job will be done correctly the first time. So whether you need a new set of coils or just want them changed, come see us at AAMCO Express. We’ll make your car run smoother than ever before.
What are Coils?
Coils are the component of an electric motor that turns electrical energy into mechanical motion. In most cases, coils are made up of a number of windings around a magnetic core. When current flows through the coil, it induces a magnetic field in the surrounding metal. This field causes a rotation of the magnets inside the coil and translates electrical energy into movement.
How do Coils work?
How coils work can vary depending on the type of coil, but in general they are made up of a number of wire coils that are wrapped around an iron core. When current is applied to the coil, it creates a magnetic field that causes the electrons to flow through the wires in a circular fashion. This motion creates a current in the coil and allows it to produce electricity.
What are the different types of Coils?
There are three types of coils in car air conditioning systems: high-performance coils, standard coils, and R-134a refrigerant.
High-performance coils are designed for faster response times and higher cooling capacity. They tend to be more expensive than standard or R-134a coils, but they deliver better performance.
Standard coils are typically less expensive than high-performance coils, but they don’t offer as much cooling capacity. They’re good options if you need a coil that can cool a small room quickly.
R-134a refrigerant is the most common type of coil in car air conditioners. It’s affordable and easy to find, so it’s often the choice of consumers who only need a modest amount of cooling power.
How to change coils on a car
Changing coils on a car can be a tricky job, but with the right tools and know-how it can be done quickly and easily. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by inspecting the coil cable for damage or wear. If there is any significant damage, you’ll need to replace the entire coil cable. Otherwise, you can just fix any minor damage.
2. Remove the screws that hold the Coil Cover Plate in place (4). Once the screws are out, gently pry off the Coil Cover Plate (5) and set it aside.
3. Locate the two collars that hold each coil in place (6). Use your flathead screwdriver to pry them off of their mounts (7). Be careful not to pull on the coils themselves!
4. Carefully remove each coil from its mount (8). Make sure not to lose any of the wire connection clips that hold each coil in place!
5. Check each coil for wear and damage. If there is anything wrong with a coil, you’ll want to replace it as soon as possible. Damage can cause poor performance and even engine failure down the road!
6. Reattach each coil collar to its mount with new wire connection clips (9). Be sure to torque these clips properly – too much torque will cause damage to your coils!
7. Replace the Coil Cover Plate (10) and screw it firmly back into place.
Changing coils on a car can be a daunting task, but with the right tools and some patience, it can be done without any trouble at all. If you’re in need of a new coil for your car and don’t want to take the time to replace them yourself, we’ve got just the guide for you. In this article, we will walk you through everything from how to identify which coil needs to be replaced on your car to which tools you’ll need. Be sure to check out our selection of coils for cars today!