It’s that time of year again – the weather is getting cooler and the air conditioner is starting to come on strong. That means it’s time to start thinking about how to best keep your home comfortable during the hotter months ahead. And one of the best ways to do that is by adding oil to your ac compressor. In this blog post, we will show you how to add oil to a new ac compressor and help you get started keeping your home cool in no time.
How Oil Works
Oil is a viscous liquid that is used to lubricate moving parts in many machines. It can also be used as a fuel or an explosive. Oil is extracted from the ground by drilling and then transported to a refinery where it is processed into different types of oil. Some of the most common types of oil used in machines include gasoline, diesel, heating oil, and hydraulic fluid.
Adding Oil to a New Ac Compressor
Adding oil to a new ac compressor can help improve performance and prolong the life of the machine. Follow these steps to add oil to your compressor:
1. Check the level of oil in the engine. Add enough oil to cover the parts of the engine that will be affected by lubrication, such as bearings and camshafts. Replace any oil that is overspilled or spills on the ground.
2. Open the compressor’s discharge valve and turn on the power to the machine.
3. Wait until the oil pressure reaches 70 PSI before starting to fill the compressor with oil.
4. Close the discharge valve once all of the oil has been added, and then turn off power to the machine.
5. Check for leaks after adding lubricant, and fix them as necessary before restarting the machine.
What to Do If an Ac Compressor Skips
If your ac compressor is skipping, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue. First, make sure that the ac unit is properly plugged into an outlet and the wall. Second, check to see if any of the wires on the compressor are loose or frayed. If so, reattach them with electrical tape or zip ties. Finally, check for any debris in the air ducts or filters. If any is found, clean it out with a vacuum cleaner and a brush.
Adding oil to your new ac compressor can help you get the most out of your machine by preventing it from overworking and wasting energy. By following these simple steps, you can have your new ac compressor up and running in no time!