TPMS sensors are a common part of modern vehicles. They’re used to monitor the oil level, temperature, and other critical systems in your car. However, these sensors can become inactive over time, which can lead to a variety of problems. In this blog post, we will show you how to activate TPMS sensors without the use of a tool. By following these simple steps, you can resolve any issues that may arise with your vehicle’s TPMS system.
What is a TPMS Sensor?
TPMS sensors work by monitoring the air pressure in your tires and sending a notification to your car’s computer when the pressure drops below a certain threshold. This allows you to keep track of when your tires are wearing down, so you can replace them before they go flat. TPMS sensors are usually activated when you buy a new car, but some models allow you to activate them yourself.
How to Activate a New TPMS Sensor
If you have a new TPMS sensor, but don’t know how to activate it, this article will walk you through the process. You’ll need a flathead screwdriver, some patience, and a new sensor. Here’s how to do it:
1) Remove the wheel cover. On most vehicles, the cover is attached by four screws at the front and rear of the tire. If your vehicle has an air suspension system, take care not to lose any of the mounts that hold it in place!
2) Locate the sensor(s). There may be one or two on each tire. If there are two, they will likely be colored green and blue. The sensor(s) is/are usually embedded in a foam pad.
3) Use a flathead screwdriver to pry off the foam pad covering the sensor(s). Be careful not to damage the sensor itself!
4) Carefully remove the old sensor. It may be held in place by adhesive or other means. Once it’s free, discard it.
5) Install the new sensor in its place (again taking care not to damage it). Make sure that it lines up with either hole on top of tire liner (or near one if your car has an air suspension system). Replace the foam pad if necessary and replace screws at front and rear of tire cover.
If you’ve ever had to replace your tires on your car, you know that it can be a pain to have to take the tire off the rim and then get the tool out to remove the old sensor. If you’re like me, and simply don’t have time for that hassle, then this article is for you. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to activate your new TPMS sensor without needing any tools! Thanks for reading!